Kia ora, e te whānau,
It was so wonderful to see all our Koru children and their wonderful smiles, back at school after the holidays. We have had a brilliant first week back filled with excitement, learning and fun times. A warm welcome to Elias and Aelara who started school this week! What a wonderful job they are both doing settling in!
This term you will see Elizabeth at school; Monday, Thursday and Friday. You will see Stacey at school; Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
We have an exciting term ahead of us including Calendar Art, Keeping Ourselves Safe programme, Firewise, book character dress-up day and a trip to the Art Gallery!
- Whole school PTA Readathon 25 July - 11 August (forms and information will come home)
- PTA meeting Wednesday 26th July 7.30-9.30pm in the Green Room (next to the Hall foyer), all are welcome, this can be a great way to meet other parents and support our children and school.
- Disco, Friday 4th August. Koru disco is 2.00-2.45pm (during our school day)
- Book character dress up day: Friday 11th August
- End of term 3 trip to the Christchurch Art Gallery
- If you would like your name and contact details to be added to our Koru Team Friendship List, please email your information to Georgia: firstname.lastname@example.org
- It's great if your child is able to independently carry their own bag into school, unpack it and put their lunch and drink bottle on the shelves
- Your child's Literacy folder needs to be returned to school every day and put into their group Literacy box every morning
- On Fridays, your child will bring home their poetry book and library folder. Poetry books and library folders will need to be returned to school by the following Friday
- We ask that caregivers avoid bringing children into school through the staff car park, rather, if entering off Sandwich Road, please come in up near the flagpole, or in through the gate down near the corner of Easter Tce/Sandwich Road