Kia ora e te whanau,
What a wonderful start the children have made back to school for this last term of the school year. All children have settled beautifully and are thoroughly engaged in their learning.
Here are just a few of the areas that we have been focusing on over the past three weeks in our Learning Through Play:
- the circus (juggling and stilt walking)...just look at these examples of We Love Challenge!
|A budding juggler...|
|Wow! She's up - well done!|
|... and on her way down!|
|What great persisitence is being shown here. Both up!|
|You can do it!|
|We Get There Together.|
|Another wonderful example of persistence winning the day!|
- the archaeological dig and museum artefacts
|The tooth of which dinosaur, we wonder?|
|Could this be the tooth of an ichthyosaurus? We think so.|
|The archaeological dig, in progress.|
|Artefacts for the museum.|
|The digging continues...|
|Budding archaeologists at work.|
- other learning through play
|Creating a little pony game.|
|Small World play.|
|What a cosy hut!|
|Could this be a chocolate cake?|
You will have read at the end of last week, that you will be hearing as soon as possible about the new date for the Years 1 - 4 Athletics Day. Once this this date has been announced, please do ensure that your child comes to school slathered in sunblock, with a full bottle of water and wearing sensible shoes for our outdoor activities in the park on that day.
The marae trip:
Our big day out at Rāpaki is booked in on Wednesday, November 18th, and we are greatly looking forward to being able to engage with the tangata whenua at Rāpaki, experience being inside the wharenui there, be involved in a powhiri and to hear about the history of the marae, as well as to explore the surrounding area.
... to those parents who have offered their help with supervising play in Treemendous, with helping to return reading books for us, with our visit out to Rāpaki marae, and with helping in our learning spaces. We can't express just how crucial your help is to us!
Teachers are very busy with report writing at the moment. What follows is an outline of how we will be reporting to the parents of our New Entrant/Year 1 students at this time of the year:
- Children who started school last year through to the end of February this year, will be receiving a full school report
- Children who started school from the beginning of March this year through to the end of July will be receiving a transition report.
- Children who have started school since the beginning of August will either have had or will be having a transition to school meeting.
We trust that you all have a great week to come!
Ngā mihi mahana ki a koutou,
Jo, Sari, Sophie, Stacey and Elizabeth
Post a Comment