Kia ora, e te whānau,
We hope you are all happy and healthy and had a lovely holiday break! It was such a treat to see all of those wide and happy smiles back at school this week. We would like to give an especially warm welcome to William, Eddie, Reinhold, Sylvia and Henri, who have all started school this week. What a wonderful job they are all doing settling in!
All of our tamariki have happily returned to the routines of school, and are enthusiastically embracing their learning. They have been doing a wonderful job in their Literacy and Maths lessons, and are putting lots of energy and enthusiasm into their Learning Through Play.
A reminder about routines:
- It's great if your child is able to independently carry their own bag into school, unpack it and put their lunch and drink bottle on the shelves
- Your child's Literacy folder needs to be returned to school every day, and put into their group Literacy box first thing each morning (children who were at school in Term 1 will already know which container is their group's container; new children will be helped with this by one of the teachers)
- On Fridays, your child will bring home both their poetry book and their library folder. Both these items need to be returned to school by the following Friday
- We ask that caregivers avoid bringing children in to school through the staff carpark, rather, if entering off Sandwich Road, please come in up near the flagpole or in through the gate down near the corner.
- If you would like your name and contact details to be added to our Koru Team Friendship List, please email Georgia your information by Wednesday, May 10th, and Georgia will update the list and share it on the Friday of that week
- Here is Georgia's email address: email@example.com
- If your name is already on the list, please don't worry about contacting Georgia again.
- Gumboots (especially if wet)
- Rain coat
- Named water bottle
- Shoes, spare socks and change of clothes (in school bag)