Kia ora e te whānau,
It feels very hard to believe that here we all are, at the very end of the 2022 school year. Your children have all settled so beautifully into life at school this year, and their learning has been impressive, to say the least.
It's been very exciting for us as teachers, and you too, we're sure, on the home front, to witness the social, emotional and physical progress, as well as the academic learning that the children have all made since starting at school. What a wonderful group of tamariki they are! We're going to miss them terribly over the long summer holiday, and will be looking forward to seeing them back again (mostly as members of the Kahikatea team), with their beautiful smiles at the start of next year.
Several of you have requested support with your children's continued learning over the summer holiday, and although the Learning At Home site is no longer accessible through the Beckenham te Kura website, we have found a way of providing you with the link to the site which you were able to access throughout the Red and Orange Traffic Light settings. We do hope that you find this helpful with its range of links, from Phonological Awareness activities to Structured Literacy activities, from Maths to waiata, and there's also an area on the dropdown menu called 'Stories' where your child is able to choose a picture book read by one of the Koru teachers!
Here is the link which takes you directly to the Koru Learning At Home site. We really hope that you find this valuable, as well as lots of fun too!
Final few days:
Many thanks to those parents who have offered to help with some of the cleaning, sorting and tidying tasks that we have listed on the whiteboard outside Hangere this week. We really appreciate your support at this very busy time of the year! There are still a few jobs we'd love some help with:
- cleaning and packaging our Skip and Bouce whiteboard sets
- sorting, tidying and cleaning the games and equipment shelves in both Hangere and Kōmanawa
- sorting, tidying and cleaning in the kitchen area (tote trays, cupboards and drawers, etc.)
- sorting the Lego table and the Duplo container
- cleaning and sorting the sandpit toys
- sweeping, cleaning, sorting and tidying in the shed
Please do ensure that you check that you have all of your child's belongings, before leaving on Thursday:
- all clothing, including sunhat, polar fleece and socks (we have several pairs and single socks, as well as T-shirts and polar fleeces)
- their lunchbox and drink bottle (there are often drink bottles left behind on the last day)
- your child's folders, which will include their books and art works from throughout the year.