Kia ora, e te whānau,
It has been a busy first 5 weeks of Term 4, a term which is flying by incredibly quickly! These five weeks have been filled with so much fun, novel experiences, and new learning. We experienced our first house games which were so exciting, and we also spent time using a 'House of Science' kit, during which we investigated many aspects of recycling. Photos from this investigation can be found in the previous Koru Team news post.
During Week 4, we looked into the making of 'bug hotels', and discussed just how useful these can be for insects in the environment around us, the types of materials we might need to make these, and how we might use our school value, 'We Get There Together', by working with others to make our 'bug hotels'. Below are some photos of the awesome process our tamariki went through to produce these mini environments for some of the bugs close to our learning spaces!
During this week, we have been engaging in water play, and conducting experiments to see if we can make boats that actually do float. Our tamariki have loved creating their boats! Below are photos of our children showing 'We Get There Together', 'We Love Challenge', and 'We Love Learning', by working together in groups to make the best boats they can, with the ultimate goal of the boats being able to float. We will be testing the children's boats this coming week (Week 6).
During Week 3, we had the amazing opportunity to perform our Kapa Haka waiata at our Celebration hui. Below are the links to our performances. Our tamariki did such an awesome job and we are all so proud of them! Ka pai, koutou.
This is their performance of 'Motoka'...
...and this is their performance of 'A E I O U'
We would like to thank you for your ongoing support as your children learn and continue to practise being able to independently unpack their bags and complete their morning routines.
- Just a reminder that Literacy folders need to come back each day, because we use what is sent home in our sessions during school time
- Library day is on Fridays, so thank you for reminding your child to bring their Library folders in either during the week or on Friday to change their books
- Your child needs a named hat at school each day
- When arriving and leaving school each day, we ask that you do not walk your child through the car park area. Many thanks for your support with this
- Please send your child to school with sunscreen on, and we will help the children to reapply more sunscreen before their big playtime
- In Week 7, we will be having a trip to the Art Gallery. Information about this can be found on Hero from a post sent out on Tuesday. Further information about this outing will be coming out later in the week ahead
- The children have been enjoying using the very cool water pump in our sandpit, especially in this beautiful weather we have been having. Having a change of clothes in their bags would be useful for those days when the water is flowing!
We hope you have had a safe and happy weekend, and we can't wait to see your tamariki back at school tomorrow for another awesome week!!
Ngā mihi mahana,
Georgia, Elizabeth, Nicola, Tracey and Stacey
Post a Comment