Kia ora, e te whanau,
We have had an amazingly busy and productive fortnight - it's been SO much fun, and in amongst all of the fun, the children have very quickly shown fantastic gains in their independence and their confidence.
- made ice cream
- started visiting the library
- started exploring simple programming using the Beebots
- made tiger handprints
- been exploring the Maths equipment
- made tiger masks
- worked with the Year 7 students, participating in activities planned and organised by the older children
- set up a tank for our tadpoles
- practised our core strength exercises, in preparation for the start of our handwriting programme.
|Carefully pouring the first ingredient for the ice cream (cream itself).
|Stirring in the second ingredient (condensed milk).
|Whipping the cream.
|Sprinkling in the chocolate.
|Stirring in the chocolate.
|Eating the ice cream.
|Learning about the library.
|Programming the Beebots to move through a maze.
|Working together to problem solve.
|Will this Beebot make it safely to the other end of the maze?
|We take very good care of the Beebots.
|Decorating a tiger cupcake with the help of a Year 7 friend.
|Decorating a Rainbow Fish with the help of a Year 7 friend.
|Listening to The Rainbow Fish.
|We really enjoyed this story!
|Working together with a Year 7 buddy to create a set up involving the castle and the blocks.
|Painting with our Year 7 buddies.
|Adding the stripes to a tiger handprint.
|Exploring with Oobleck.
|Learning how to make a leaf rubbing.
|An expert at 'planking' - working on developing core strength.
|Keeping a VERY close eye on our new tadpoles, and making sure they're safe and happy in their new home.
Parents, a request ... are you able to help us out, please? We are searching for the following items for our Learning Through Play:
- any old baking equipment you no longer need (suitable for a 'mud' kitchen)
- baby clothes ('prem' size best) to fit 41 cm. dolls
- old bits of downpipe or other plumbing 'parts'
- old sandpit toys (preferably in quite good condition), including dump trucks and diggers, as well as buckets and spades
- an old children's size pop up tent
- old toy cars to add to our somewhat depleted collection