Kia ora e te whanau,
What a wonderful start the children have made back to school for this last term of the school year. All children have settled beautifully and are thoroughly engaged in their learning.
Here are just a few of the areas that we have been focusing on over the past three weeks in our Learning Through Play:
- the circus (juggling and stilt walking)...just look at these examples of We Love Challenge!
|A budding juggler...
|Wow! She's up - well done!
|... and on her way down!
|What great persisitence is being shown here. Both up!
|You can do it!
|We Get There Together.
|Another wonderful example of persistence winning the day!
- the archaeological dig and museum artefacts
|The tooth of which dinosaur, we wonder?
|Could this be the tooth of an ichthyosaurus? We think so.
|The archaeological dig, in progress.
|Artefacts for the museum.
|The digging continues...
|Budding archaeologists at work.
- the helicopter game
- playing schools
- other learning through play
|Creating a little pony game.
|Small World play.
|What a cosy hut!
|Could this be a chocolate cake?
- Children who started school last year through to the end of February this year, will be receiving a full school report
- Children who started school from the beginning of March this year through to the end of July will be receiving a transition report.
- Children who have started school since the beginning of August will either have had or will be having a transition to school meeting.